Box

Box
Food

Box2

Box2
FASHION

Box3

Box3
DIARY

Chill Out Friday: Skirts




Hello! I am back! It’s been a while since I updated my blog. Last week was crazy! Don’t worry I’ll be posting 3-4 blog posts this week,excluding this one ;)

For today’s blog post isn't 100% about fashion, it’s actually 70% fashion and 30% feature. 



Fashion
Personally, I am a big fan of skirts!!! It’s very versatile, it can go with long sleeves, plain t-shirt, tank top, etc. Though for some it’s ‘too girly’. Well, 'too girly' is my personality (lol). 

Here's a list of skirts. 




Nightlife look




This was taken last December (Christmas Break). I own a couple of leather skirts and those were bought from the thrift shop, also known as "tiangge" here in the Philippines! Yep, you read it! Why? It’s really pricey if I bought those in a branded shop. I would spend a couple of thousands of pesos for one leather skirt. Heck no! I got priorities, hello? ;) (I will be posting a blog post soon about thrift shops and why you should love them ;) #proud)

Back to the talk, to achieve my look, I paired it with a see-through grey sleeveless top because if you’ll imagine it’s a hundred times better than a white see-through top. To finally add a kick for the look, I used my black leather boots.  



A-line skirts have been trending since 2013??? Back then, I didn’t have the guts to wear a skirt like this because I have a not-so-small waistline lol (well, I still have it until now). Ya know, you just need to have the confidence to wear it ;)






Last Friday, there’s a bazaar in World Trade Center and it’s a chance for me and my friend, Franie, to catch up! We haven’t seen each other in months. Straight from our school, it was the card giving day, I rushed to our home to take a shower and put on comfy clothes. When I checked my closet, there’s nothing to wear!!! I mean there were clothes and stuff but, you know girl problems ;). I just didn't feel like wearing shorts and pants sooo ofc back to my trademark…. SKIRTS!




I didn’t expect that my look that day would be ‘blog-worthy’ because I was in a rush. I just grabbed the olive green skirt because it’s my only skirt that is not monochromatic





My top is actually my mom’s <3 Do you know the trick??? TUCK IT IN! I mean you can tie a knot from the back, side, or wherever you want but dude, for me, it’s a hassle. I am not saying that don’t do that kind of stuff, what I am saying is that it’s not a perfect pair for this kind of look ;) .






Originally, it’s a regular top but that one was L1 (Large1) and I am S (small). So it became an off shoulder top ;) More charismatic, right? To add a funkier aura, I wore my choker and let down my *messy* hair.



Arrow Printed Top from Bayo
Choker from Claire's 
Olive Green A-Line Skirt from ValleyGirl


A-line skirts can also be used for Sunday Family days!





 For me, this look is not advised when attending a mass because the skirt is too short for the Church Rules. 



White See-Through Top from Trendsetter's Bazaar
Patched Bag from Trendsetter's Bazaar
Inner top from Forever 21
Olive Green A-Line Skirt from ValleyGirl

Main Idea: White top goes so well with olive green A-Line skirts! 

For today's fashion equation: 


White Top + Olive Green A-Line Skirt + Choker (optional) + Black Shoes



Feature
Say hi to my fashionista #1 friend, Franie Fernandez! She is wearing a white off-shoulder top and denim shorts! Simple yet kabog! I liked how Franie added a spice to her look with a flower choker!




Fun fact: The choker was made by Franie ;) Yep, she is artsy. ARTSY.




Her hair also matches the look! The medium-high ponytail with minimal baby curls on the side added a charm to make her extra gorg! :>



Fun fact: She will publicize her blog soonest! So, stay tuned.




This is actually not a full feature but a sneak peek for our upcoming collab with Czeska Francisco! Czeska is my fashionista friend #2 *winks* 



FRANIE's OOTD DETAILS
Top from Trendsetter's Bazaar
Denim Shorts from Trendsetter's Bazaar
Sandals from Klipwalk

Franie Fernandez
Facebook      https://www.facebook.com/franie.fernandez
Twitter            @franiefernandez
Instagram      @franiefernandez_



Photography by Sean Calamba 
Special Thanks to Ralph Allen Prodigalidad



You can comment or share your thoughts about my blog post! Hope you liked it! 
 - Shannen

No comments