Box

Box
Food

Box2

Box2
FASHION

Box3

Box3
DIARY

Favorites: MOVIES




Hi there! This blog post should have been posted last week but it was the holy week and I was out for 4 straight days! We went shopping and ran some errands.

I actually made this blog not only to show my love for food and fashion but also to share my favorites and my thoughts. For today, I will share my 5 non-cliché-classic-favorite films among the gazillion movies I have watched.




Don’t worry, I will tell you whenever I'm about to spoil something ;) Enjoy!

DANGEROUS MINDS (1995)


Plot:
This movie is similar to ‘The Ron Clark Story' but the differences are the storyline is deeper and the characters may leave you in shock – in a good way. It is a teacher who’s very driven and passionate in teaching. Then, she was assigned to a class where no teacher has ever lasted a day! She’s more than an educator. She changed the behavior, perspective, and outlook of the students. VERY VERY INSPIRING! 

Best Time to watch: Whenever you are lacking the motivation to start over.

Rating: 8.7/10

LOLITA (1997)

Plot:
I never thought that I would love this movie! I was thrilled and my curiosity drove me to watch this film. It’s too mature, I know. BUT BRO THERE’S SOMETHING ABOUT THIS THAT YOU’LL LOVE AND APPRECIATE AFTER WATCHING IT. I knew about this because one of my friends in Facebook shared the trailer. I scrolled down the comments section and almost 60% of the comments were focusing only on the pedophilic idea of the movie, but I know there’s something more.


It is about a college professor that becomes infatuated with a fourteen-year-old girl. I do not want to expand any further because it may contain spoilers. Watch it find out. ;)



Okay, chill. I have 2 reasons why I love this movie.
-    The sincerity of love of the professor is weirdly present! He wants the best for Lolita and he did everything to put Lolita in a good welfare though she insisted for different life that’s why she was wfdhrjedfdjifd *just watch the film lol I am slightly triggered*



-    NON.CLICHE.PLOT. It’s controversial and mature but the movie was mixed with sugar and spice.



Best time to watch: If you want to watch a not-so-mainstream movie.
Rating: 9/10

SUCKER PUNCH (2011)


Plot:
The effects and action scenes were amazing. I love how the movie was produced, it was full of metaphors. The movie was about a girl who accidentally killed her sister because of a stray bullet from her gun, which was used to kill their abusive stepfather. Then, she was sent to an asylum but it is actually an entertainment place.


 She then plans to escape because she’ll be lobotomized in a few days. To make her plan effective, she teamed up with her co-dancers – who also want to be free from the corrupt and abusive place.




THE PRODUCTION IS SOOOO CREATIVE. Whenever the girl plans their escape or they do the actual escape, she starts with a dance then the atmosphere will divert to a non-reality war zone.  In this war zone, it was shown that she was with her co-dancers in the asylum fighting for their freedom by collecting the ‘keys'. GAHHH I can’t explain any further because I might spoil something. JUST WATCH IT.



DISCLAIMER: SPOILER ALERT
I fangirled over this movie for a long time, here are some theories I read about this film because as I have said it was full of metaphors.

Theory #1
Babydoll, the protagonist, was in a real asylum and she was just hallucinating that it was an entertainment place. Due to the trauma that was brought to her, she imagines that she was escaping the place but the mission failed because at the end of the movie she was still stuck in the place.

Another, the moment when Babydoll figured out that she was the last key she told Sweet Pea (one of the co-workers) to escape. This scene symbolized Babydoll’s peace of mind, and Sweet Pea symbolized her inner peace. This was also a sign that she accepted her fate, which is to be lobotomized.





Theory #2
Sweet Pea was actually the protagonist. Babydoll represents her inner power – brave and persistent. She managed to escape because of her bravery. That’s why Babydoll told her, “This was never my story. It’s yours. Now, don’t screw it up, okay?”.



These theories were just from the internet and YouTube. It’s up to you on how you interpret the movie. ;)

Best time to watch: If you want a #GIRLPOWER movie.
Rating: 10/10

MY SASSY GIRL (2001)


This Korean movie has a special place in my heart.


Reasons:
1.    Jun Ji Hyun is the queen of romcom movies and kdrama. She is unexplainably funny and drop dead gorgeous.

2.    It is not your average romcom movie.



3.    The guy in the movie is #bfgoals (!!!) No kidding here.



It is about a college boy who met an egotistical drunk girl on a train. Accidentally, they spent a night together in a motel because the girl was drunk and he didn’t know where she lives. Can’t explain any further because I might spoil the whole plot LOL




Best time to watch: Whenever you want to trigger your inner cheesy self.
Rating: 9.8/10




3096 HOURS (2013)


Plot:
It’s a thriller/drama German film, about a 10-year-old girl that was kidnapped and kept by his kidnapper for 8 LONG YEARS. What I liked about this movie was the guts of the kid to finally escape from his kidnapper. #GIRLPOWER

This movie made my heart beat non-stop because the abuse was harsh and the escape scene was unbelievable! By the way, this movie is a TRUE TO LIFE STORY.



Best time to watch: Whenever you want to watch a thriller true story film.

Rating: 8.5/10



That's all for today! Maybe next time I'll post other movie recommendations ;) 

Special thanks to Ralph Allen Prodigalidad
GIFs from Tumblr 

You can comment or share your thoughts about my blog post! Hope you liked it! 
 - Shannen

2 comments

  1. oh do you have a proofreader? he/she is really good.

    ReplyDelete