Box

Box
Food

Box2

Box2
FASHION

Box3

Box3
DIARY

Indelible Fashion: a 90's Lookbook



The 90’s era is naturally the bombshell among all eras of fashion. It’s fascinating, merely because the trends are beyond what you’re expecting. It can channel your inner creativity because anything you’re trying to mix and match can actually work! 

Layers? High socks and boots? Patches on your vest? Name it all!It may look “baduy” to someone, well actually, you’re not. NOT AT ALL! You’re just being fashionista and confident. Channel your inner Cher Horowitz.








Since my love for fashion intensified when I started browsing for 90’s fashion styles, I decided to mix and match my old clothes and try to give it a shot without spending a thousand pesos.

There will be 4 different looks  and when I say 'looks', I will showcase the different vibes and auras of the era’s fashion not only the clothes itself. Grab your popcorn, play your favorite music, and enjoy reading my post!

Look no.1: MODISH 

Stripes top, denim shorts, your fave black shoes, and an elegant choker – Simple fashion formula yet it can make you stand out in a crowd. It looks Tumblr-ish but actually, these trends are from the 90s.



It’s a more comfortable look compared to the ones that I’ll be featuring below. I think the factor that added the ‘dating’ aura, is my pucca hair. Imagine if I let my hair down, I think it would be not so fashionable as it looks.



Tip: If you’re in doubt about your OOTD, do crazy braids or try not to use your normal hairdo. Don’t be afraid to try new hairdos because it’s actually a way to explore yourself.



I always incorporate chokers with stripes top, basic t-shirts, or any crop tops, because they make my neck area look more gorgeous than it should be.





Bags are essential. I recommend using small backpacks whenever you wear an OOTD like this one. Sling bags are not so yay in this case.

Finally, I went out of my zone wherein I’m too afraid to experiment with my black shoes. I used oversized socks to give a squishier and messier pretty look. I never thought that the socks would still be a “yah” for this. (Do you find me weird already? HAHA)


90s Trend: Striped Tops, Chokers, and Fancy Socks

Fashion Formula:



Fashion Details:

Striped top from Valleygirl 
Denim shorts from Kashieca 
Choker from Claire's 
Backpack from Coach 
Socks from Puma 



This look is Tumblr-ish, isn’t it? Is this look a “YAH” or a “NAH”? I would be glad if you choose!


Look no.2:VALLEY GIRL



    First and foremost, this whole look costs 415 pesos. YES, INCLUDING THE BOOTS. I bought everything from my fave thrift shop stores. Here’s the breakdown:

    Turtle neck top – 70 pesos
    Knitted Vest – 120 pesos
    Denim Skirt – 70 pesos
    Boots – 155 pesos

Lol gurl, I’m not kidding here HAHA. Thrift shops are the best option whenever you feel like experimenting with your style and not going out of budget at the same time. Maybe some time this year I’ll do a Thrift Shop Haul (and I’ll tell my fave thrift shop stores ;) ) sooo stand by!






    Anyway, among all the looks I featured and I will be featuring, this one is my most favorite! This is so me! It’s girly and not-so-trendy these past few months.



    The top is a basic turtle neck top that I incorporated with a fitted vest. I also like the color combination because gray is good with black. I have no words about this top combination!!! I’ve been wanting this look since last year, I think. I just had the guts recently and I’m so satisfied with it.




    Tip: If you want to add a twist on your favorite top – polo shirt, turtleneck, t-shirt, etc., layer it with a crop top, crop vest,or any sweetheart neck top. Dresses are not the only thing that we can layer on.



    For the skirt, I bought a bottom up denim skirt (also from the thrift shop) because this was a hit in the 90s! Denim skirts can never go wrong with anything. It’s so versatile that even if you pair it with your favorite pajama top, it can still make you fashionista-looking. The skirt added the flavor of “chic” in this outfit. Gahh, I just love skirts so much.



    Boots! Not a fan of boots but HEY this is so neat! I never expected that I would like this pair of shoes. It’s an essential for me, personally, because I’m a small girl HAHA. I’m like 4’11 :>>>>. Yep, diba ang liit ko? *cries* I just figured out that a pair of heels boosted my confidence more. Boots, I think, goes well with skirts and shorts. Maybe in the near future, I’ll have the time and effort to explore more about. Please bear with me!




90s Trend: Denim Skirt, Knitted Vest, and Boots.

Fashion Formula:

Fashion Details:


Turtleneck  top from Thrift Shop
Knitted Vest from Thrift Shop
Skirt from Thrift Shop
Boots from Thrift Shop

This look is so valley girl, isn’t it? Is this look a “YAH” or a “NAH”? I would be glad if you choose!

Look no.3: RETRO TOUCH

Looks like a stray cowgirl? Well, no gurl HAHA. Take a closer look! This one was a bomb trend in the 90s’ Grunge Style. I love the fact that we took the shot just in time as the sun was already setting. The camera and the vibe were so perfect in achieveng my 90s look.




It’s a retro and street style combination outfit. With the bralettes and the bandana, the look itself says it all.



The top that I wore was a black bralette and a blue flannel,which kuya Lanz made a knot in the middle  to add a sexier vibe yet the grungy effect is still wildly present. Can you think of other knots that are a “check” for this outfit? ((I’m open for suggestions))


Tip: If you feel that your plaid top is too plain, try to button up the first 3 or 4 buttons then make a knot out of the excess cloth. It can be the regular bow knot or the circular thingy knot.




Actually, I’m not a fan of skinny jeans, though I have 4 pairs of skinny jeans. Well, I have no choice lol. That’s why this type of bottoms are my favorite – high waist, not skin tight, and with a twist on it.



Also, the bandana went surprisingly good with my bun! I thought I would be high-key looking like a toasted siopao HAHAHA (I mean slightly but not so much *winks*). Bandanas are not just for the OOTDs, it can be worn anywhere and anytime – school days, skin care time, etc. etc.


It was my first time to pose for the camera wearing a red lipstick. It was the perfect timing to wear such lip color, I never had the guts to do so because my OOTDs back then was more ‘pa-sweet’ compared to this outfit.








90s Trend: Plaid Top, Bandanas, and Red Lipstick

Fashion Formula:
         


Fashion Details:

Bralette from Trendsetter's Bazaar
High-waist pants from Stradivarius
Bandana from Thrift Shop
Hoop Earrings from Trendsetter's Bazaar


This look is so grungy, isn’t it? Is this look a “YAH” or a "NAH"? I would be glad if you choose!

Look no.4: GUTSY LASS

Who says you can’t be glammed up with just 2 pieces of clothing?! Not me! You can still slay every OOTD with the right type of accessories and hairdo, and the key to slaying ? Your C O N F I D E N C E.

Denim jacket does go well with a mini dress, like how pineapple goes to pizza #FIGHTME. It would have been too revealing if I didn’t wear my jacket. (See guys, I’m starting to enjoy jackets.) The color of the dress is pastel purple soo it means it can really work with denim!

    Tip: Pastel and Denims are one of the best combos.


The jacket that I wore also gave a subtle earthy aura because of the patterns on the side. To give a youthful look, I added my pins on the right side.


I think hoops earrings were the thing that made my OOTD a bloggable one. It perfectly went well with my hairdo. 



We were originally planning to tie up my hair but then we tried other options and pick the best. I don’t know but it’s kinda late when I wholeheartedly appreciated the beauty of hoop earrings :< It’s so dang pretty and fierce. 


With the right pair of shoes, I finally used my Charles and Keith Open-toe Heels!
I really love this outfit because every detail of my OOTD has a proper exposure. The earrings were noticeable, the dress was funky and cute, the denim jacket went well with the dress, and the shoes were not ignored.


90s Trend: Denim Jacket, Hoop Earrings, and Mini Dresses

Fashion Formula:



Fashion Details:

Denim Jacket from Guess
Mini Dress from The Ramp
Hoop Earrings from Trendsetter's Bazaar
Open-toe Heels from Charles and Keith


This look is so bold, isn’t it? Is this look a “YAH” or a “NAH”? I would be glad if you choose!
         
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That’s a wrap! The 90's was really the bomb when it comes to fashion. I hope I showcased the trends back then and presented it with a twist and a touch of the present. Which look is your favorite? Comment down below!






Always remember to experiment and try new things to discover more of yourself. Forget the comments, just wear what you want. This blog post helped me to channel my real sense of fashion, because honestly when I started blogging I still didn’t know what my signature style is. 

Maybe dressing up from time to time may also help you to express yourself more. This is not only to show the trends but also an act of self-love – where you give yourself a push to reach your peak of confidence.


Acknowledgements:


Hair and Make-up by Lanz Calamba
Check his Facebook account for more Makeup Transformations and Inspirations! 

You can keep up with him in these accounts: 
Facebook: Lanz Calamba
Twitter: @LnzClmb
Instagram:

Photography by Sean Calamba
Check his YouTube Channel for more fun and personal Vlogs! 

You can keep up with him in these accounts: 
Facebook: Sean Calamba
Twitter: @SeanCalamba
Instagram: @SeanCalamba

Special Thanks to Ralph Allen Prodigalidad 
(for being my super patient and thoughtful proofreader, my blog posts wouldn't be smooth and nice without him *so much love*) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. This one is my last fashion blog post for this summer or as they say, my last hirit for the summer! Maybe it would take me months before I post another fashion related content because I will be busy as heck for school.


You can comment or share your thoughts about my blog post! Hope you liked it! 

 - Shannen












1 comment

  1. kilegs AHAHAHA jk

    honestly kudos wooh so proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete